About Philmore Contracting Limited
The limited company was formed in 1977 specialising in Blast Cleaning and Paint Systems at the works (discontinued in 2009) and offering site services of concrete breaking, chasing, etc.,
After a few months, it was clear, following many requests, that other specialist services were required. Our site services were subsequently expanded to include Grit Blasting, Diamond Floor, Wall Sawing and Core Drilling, Hydraulic Crunching, Bursting and more...
Additional equipment was acquired to set up for a specialist market in the forming of apertures through walls and floors for lift shafts, stair lifts, service ducts and machine bases, etc.,
Equipment included mainly of 3-phase for environmental and internal work: wall and floor saws, diamond chain and ring saws, lightweight aluminium gantries, special lifting frames, hoists and fork trucks.
In a lot of cases it is necessary for us to effect our services out of
hours in order to minimise any interruption on production to our clients. Structures are propped, cut into sections and safely removed leaving minimum areas to make good.
Wet vacuum equipment is offered to control and remove expended water used to cool diamond blades/cores and suppress dust. All waste materials are safely disposed of following our own or clients Environmental Policy procedures.
Philmore Contracting Limited,
Telephone: 01604 505902
Office Mobile: 07931 505521
Facsimile: 0845 5213 754
From the A5199 (Welford Road), turn into Grooms Lane, which is signposted for Brixworth; follow this road until you come to the junction with Brixworth Road and turn right. You will see the entrance to our site about 200 yards on the right.
• Diamond drilling up to 600mm Ø
• Floor & wall sawing up to 600mm deep (including flush cut facility)
• ZORRHO Chainsaw Rig or Track mount up to 750mm deep
• Hand hydraulic chain and ring sawing (including flush cut sawing)
• Hydraulic silent bursting and crunching
• Expended water control
Using the latest equipment using 3-phase machines to be environmentally friendly which can be powered by our own generators, if required.
All of our equipment is regularly tested and calibrated.
Unlike our competitors, we can, the majority of the time effect those unforeseen additions/services at less cost than incurring a return minimum visit.
Site surveys, quotations along with Method Statements and Risk Assessments provided. Unsociable hours can be worked to prevent loss of production.
We are 100% compliant with CSCS and all operators are qualified holders of CSCS through NVQ or the Diamond Drilling and Sawing Association. They also hold Confined Spaces Training with escape sets. We have our own in-house CITB registered Assessor and CITB registered/qualified Health & Safety Advisor.
Our fully fitted vehicles are equipped as standard with:
• Range of core bits from 12-202mm Ø
• Conventional drills to 25mm Ø
• 3 Diamond drill rigs
• Vaccuum rigs (save where possible anchor costs)
• Hand held drills
• Small chipping hammer
• 4" and 9" Angle grinders
• 12" Stihl saw
• Wet Vac unit
• 6KVA Generator (32 Amp)
• Transformers, Splitter boxes and extension leads
Long term members of the Drilling and Sawing Association who oversee our Health & Safety Policy. They issue the Code of Safe Working Practices and offer guidance for our specialist services for Risk Assessments, Method Statements, etc.,
To meet UKGC and EMPA requirements we are CHAS and SMAS
approved and are also Construction Line Registered.
• Range of electric tools including magnetic drills
• Dust extractors and air movers, including wet vac units
• Generators: 2.5 to 40KVA single or 3-phase
• 250 gallon road-legal water bowsers
• 250 gallon road-legal bundled fuel trailer
• Steam cleaners & pressure washers incl. 4500 PSI Jetting Unit
• Concrete cutting and drilling equipment
• Hand, fixed and vacuum rigs
• Electric, air and hydraulic diamond ring saws.
• Electric, air and diesel floor saws
• Experienced and qualified operators available
• Our range of electrical tools all carry a current PAT test